wix


Search This Blog

Nuffnang ads

Click Me

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

ASS.U.ME.

An assumption is based upon what one may have observed another one to do and then knowingly or unknowingly placed the previous observations into a pattern(s) of cycles that later form a label to what one mind would think is a probable act for the other one. This is something that happens to most people when interacting with a person for a period of time, They start to measure the other persons' reality, to their past impressions. 

Assumption is often be made by us most of the time. We assume that what we say and do can be understood by the ones who are closer with us. We assume that we don't need to thank parents for what they contribute. We assume that it is okay for friends to clear up mess for us. We assume that there's not a big deal to kidding with friends, not knowing that it may cause misunderstanding. 

I have inevitably adopted assumptions recently, and my friend shared with me this topic i.e. ' Assume'. Admittedly, I had never heard the phrase, "When you assume, it makes an ass out of you and me," until fairly recently. My friend told me about the root words of 'assume' which are:

AssumeAss + u + me

Thus, by assuming we make an ass of not only others but ourselves too. I think that it is simply a human instinct to assume things, yet it often turn out to be different than what we assume or expect. Just because you perceive something a certain way, doesn't mean it is true. It boils up things easily especially with a false assumption. 

The assumption that I made today made a sweet conversation be ended badly. It made terrible mood existed throughout the night. 





 "You should never assume
You know what happens when you assume
You make an ass out of you and me because that's how it's spelled."
-Ellen DeGeneres 

No comments: